The Dandy one signs Off


It seems almost a lifetime ago that I said goodbye to my father that cold Wednesday morning of August, 2017, with a giant ball in my throat. I turned away, so he wouldn’t see the tears in my eyes, because I knew I wouldn’t see him for a long time, if ever. As I descended down the stairs I looked back one more time at his warm smile and saw his eyes sparkling equally. I was scared. I thought of running back and hugging him one more time, and I am not sure what stopped me from doing it.

I have gained many things from my trip to Ecuador. I have seen a plethora of astoundingly beautiful sights and, as it happens, some ugly ones as well. I arrived a young boy and am leaving a man, with many adventures behind me and stories to tell my friends back home.

I have learnt that although it may be lots of fun, I am not a philanderer, because I love to wake up next to a beautiful woman, watch her slowly opening and revealing her hazel-brown eyes, blink a few times, and smile, which prompts one to silently lean over and kiss her good morning.

And I have been lucky enough to experience that here with a truly amazing woman, who has helped me through many hardships and has given me ideas for stories, which eventually and indirectly lead me to start writing my first novel. Although I would never call her my friend again, I am truly thankful to her for everything she has done for me and I will always take her calls in case of an emergency.

I would also like to thank my friends and temporary family for being there for me and providing with many stories and adventures (Charlie, Andre, Wilf, Marina, Holly, Elza, Matteo, Jemima, Amy, Mafer and many more). Without you guys, my experience of Loja and Ecuador would have been much different, and I highly doubt that it could have been any better.


I, The Andes Dandy, thank you all for accompanying me on my journey to Ecuador by reading my blog posts. However, now that my trip has come to an end, I must say goodbye to all of you, much like I did to my father in August. I am equally teary-eyed, but not because of sorrow, but because I’m not sure if I fulfilled my goal of making a difference and affecting young learner’s minds and thoughts. If I did, that is my gift to you, if I didn’t, I hope that the people I affected will do it for me, directly or indirectly.

Thank you and I love you all.

O.H.

Comments

  1. Of course you change at least 5 out of 40 minds, and THANKS for teach to learn. Take care of your health and mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very nice of you to say Kerly. Thank you. It was a pleasure teaching you all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Secrets of a River

Melting into his arms...